BCA has a priority in mission to the isolated, remote urban and rural people of Australia.
BCA's purpose is:
- to proclaim Christ so that people may respond to him;
- to nurture Christians in their faith and ministry;
- to strengthen local Christian communities in their mission;
- to provide services of Christian care and advocacy;
- to develop an understanding of Christ's mission and
- to promote active partnership throughout the church.
BCA orders its life and ministry:
- by prayer for God's help and the Holy Spirit's guidance;
- by the vision, wisdom, authority and encouragement of Scripture;
- by humility, servanthood and fellowship with the church in mission;
- by interdependent relationships with Diocesan Bishops;
- by providing pastoral care and professional development for staff and
- by responsible management of its resources.
BCA fulfils its mission as the people of Australia are given the opportunity to know and love the Lord Jesus Christ, trust in His promises, respond to Him in obedience, reflect His character in their lives, be committed to His church and live out His purposes in the world.